Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Shellac Nail Polish

What is all this shellac fuss about?


Well, after researching on my own and getting shellac done 3 times myself, I have found out some first hand information about this type of nail polish.


It is a gel based nail polish that I believe was started by the brand "CND".  It looks just like a regular polish, and is used pretty much the same way with a slightly different removal process.  They have a patent-pending formula that uses a UV light to set the finish.  This polish is said to last up to 14 days with few chips or cracks and maintain that shine finish.


Watch this YouTube video to see exactly how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAKIImwdjZI


So...did it work for me?


I am here to tell you that I was very impressed with shellac!  I had it done 3 times with a french manicure finish. I was very happy with how long the nail polish stayed fresh looking.  Once the 14 day mark hit, it was definitely time to get them removed because the polish grows out, however, I had very few cracks or chips during the entire 2 weeks.  Also, it helps your nails grow out and stay healthy since it isn't harsh on your nails.  Salons can charge anywhere from $25-40 to get a shellac manicure.  It really is worth it to get this done...I am looking into purchasing an at home kit. 


Also, a tip when getting them removed...
The nail salon will charge anywhere from $5-10 to take them off...however, it is a very easy process to do it on your own.  All you do is soak your nails in acetone for around 3-5 minutes and then use some sort of a file to chip off the excess polish.


First Day of Shellac
Around 3 days after

1 Week after getting Shellac

Shellac can be done like this as well!

So creative and stays for 2 weeks!

There is a nail stylist in the Saginaw/Bay City area that highly suggest for shellac (she did the purple design above)!  My good friend Morgan goes to her religiously and lets her have free range to create whatever design she wants with the gel nail polish.  She is super creative and very friendly!

Here is her info:

Jill Auernhammer
Green Acres Plaza
Saginaw, MI 48603
989-791-9700
http://www.x-tremesalon.com/

If you have any other questions, let me know :)

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment